Monday, April 25, 2016

The Path to iOS Enlightenment

You can ask people around me, sometimes I do treat technology and software like a RELIGION, especially with technologies that are dear to me:

  • My smartphone (iPhone)
  • My tablet (iPad, there is no other tablets!)
  • My computer (MacBookPro)

Why would I do that? My own personal reason is because if one does not believe in any "thing", there is not going much excitements or fun in it.

I believe in Apple since 2010.

LIKE A LEICA LOVE

My younger brother Will for example, has his fascination and believe in camera like Leica and film photography. A bit of ideal romantic for a photographer. For him, beautiful film and print will be the last ultimate result. On that topic, I am a total opposite. Although I have my fascination with film, but my heart is set on Digital, not so much on Analog.

For now, my camera of choice is the iPhone, besides FujiX100 and Olympus PEN. I also have my dusty D700 from my dad. A very good camera, but too bulky and impractical for me. Well, I still use it time to time, but these days, iPhone is always besides my pocket.

I definitely will talk about iPhone-o-graphy more in future articles. Including some photography apps.

Some people treat technology with little or not much respect, changing from one tech to the next tech device, little concern of brand and models following trends and specs numbers, which is a total disgrace in my opinion.

I rather give more respects to people that stick with one brand, providing he/she is not being an ass about it. For all right reasons, you choose your personal "belief".

In the end, the tools that gives you a lot more than just functionality, is something you have to hold into. Not so much of brands. But the people who embrace the tech.

It is not unlike I am following the path of Guy Kawasaki (one of famous Apple Evangelist). I do have big respects in people that gives technology an equal respect. Other person I recall and respect will be the educator John Maeda. He also has his thing on Apple years back.

THE 1st IPAD CHANGES EVERYTHING

It has been a few years since I bought my first iPad and iPhone.

My 1st iPad in 2010 was indeed the most memorable. It does not have cameras, it was a bit heavy, it was a bit slow too and so many past things iPad that way behind compared to current iPad Pro with Pencil! I remember holding the iPad with Grabbit cover that allows my iPad to stay on the palm of my hand. It is just brilliant.

I love my iPad more before I fall in love with the iPhone. That is always the important note.

Here is the whole truth about my change of "religion" into Apple:
I used to just use PC Windows and I rely on Google and put a big trust on those brand and services. I used to avoid anything Apple related. I had my bad experience using Apple back in the college time, because the Macs were a bit old.

I was waiting for "the tablet" from Microsoft or Google... it never come to surface. Till suddenly, the iPad was announced by Steve Jobs. I was like... "I MUST HAVE THAT THING!".

So I bought the iPad and love it since the first day. The iPad is the key into Apple.

It follows with owning the iPhone 4S, which is my first iPhone. And then iPad 2. Which I accidentally drown because of bottle water inside my bag (never ever put bottle water and iPad inside same bag). But then Apple Genius man called Adam replaced my iPad 2 with brand new refurbished iPad. And I was total live changing experience for me.

And a bit later, I queued for iPhone 5S and iPad Air. It was quite an experience.

When you choose Apple as your device and embrace it, you should be "the crazy one".

SIMPLICITY OF SOFTWARE & HARDWARE

I also owned the MacBookPro, just a basic one. Mid 2010 model. The one I am currenly using to type this blog article. It's old and a bit slow now with El Capitano. I might need to retire this soon, thinking to buy new MacBookPro 2016.

I have been adapting to OS X and iOS ever since I own the iPad, iPhone and MacBookPro. All three different devices but all with an elegant UI experience and built in apps.

Apple built in apps featured in both OS (iOS and OS X), although can be easily overlooked by users, are simply brilliant and not something to take granted for:
- Notes
- Photos (covers webcam feature, front camera, back camera)
- Maps
- Calendar
- iTunes (the love hate relationship app)
- Safari (web browser)
- Musics
- Reminder
- Siri (includes Voice Over, Dictation, Dictionary, and Speech)
- and many more

There have been some evolutions going on with OS X and iOS since that time Steve Jobs passed away and being replaced by Tim Cook. I think Apple is aligning itself and a lot simpler and actually bettter vision.

On top of the software, Apple also does its own hardware, which works efficiently with the software. This is always a very important point when owning Apple devices.

When Apple announced Pencil and drawing capability, it is something that eventually be supported all across.

Now, it will not be long until Apple announce the iOS 10 and I think it is a good time to start a blog like this, to talk about Apps, about the iOS, and everything in between.

NOT PRO/EXPERT, BUT ALL ABOUT CONTINUES EXPERIENCE

Price tag is something one needs to be aware of when choosing their "Joy" machine of choice. Apple products, obviously is not cheap. At a glance you may be shocked.

The right way to buy Apple products is to buy the MEDIUM PRICE option. Not the most expensive one, unless you have that extra cash.

After all, you will find out that you can buy MANY other devices but disappointed with its quality. But be happy with ONE a really good device, in this case thing like Apple's iPhone, iPad, and MacBookPro.

Of course, there are the ups and downs in my passion for Apple. Sometimes there is a really good apps that are suddenly discontinued by the developers. It is totally unavoided.

Anyhow, let see how this blog would develop from today.





No comments:

Post a Comment